Do not waste your time buying the Piercing Bible if you have done over 40,000 piercings, was a medical liaison to the Association of Professional Piercers, and ran the only body piercing studio in the French Quarter in New Orleans for 12 straight years. Also, do not waste your time buying the Piercing Bible if you simply want to continue sucking at being a piercer or a piercee.
If you have done all of the above things, than your name must be Elayne Angel; author of The Piercing Bible and you should probably just ignore this post as it will be completely useless to you.
If you answered no to ANY of the above and you want to be a better piercer or piercee, than you need to get this book. Period. I don’t care if you’ve done 39,999 piercings and this afternoon you’ll hit your 40,000th with that belly button you have lined up…you still need to get this book.
I don’t care if you have or have had every inch of skin on your body pierced at one point or another, you need this book.
Seasoned pros as well as day-one dingbats can benefit tremendously from the Piercing Bible.
Not only is the Piercing Bible rocked with tons of tips for piercers to do their job better than before, it also has advice for the consumer who is receiving the piercing, parents who reluctantly go along with their teenagers wishes for a sweet septum piercing, educators who frown upon your face bling, and the doctors who have to weave around your tongue barbell to stick a tube down your throat (I kinda made that part up).
In a nut-shell, the Piercing Bible is fun for the whole damn family. Grab the kids and a bag of chips, sit around the table on family night and pass this book around if you have ever considered giving or receiving a piercing.
If your reading is a little rusty, don’t worry…it’s loaded with comprehensive illustrations and photos. Their may even be a nipple shot in there somewhere.
All jokes aside, if you’re looking for an authoritative book on piercing from someone that actually knows what they’re talking about, then the Piercing Bible is the ONLY book you should be picking up. There is no other in-depth book exclusively about body piercing.
- The New Piercing
- Piercing Past to Present
- Groundwork and Preliminary Considerations
- Risks, Myths, and Warning
- Is Piercing Right for You?
- You and Your Piercer
- Piercing Preparation
- Picking and Preparing
- At the Studio
- Piercing Procedures
- Jewelry 101:Sizes, Shapes, and Materials
- The Holes
- Holes in Your Head:Ear, Nose, and Facial Piercings
- Kiss of the Needle:Tongue and Oral Piercings
- Torso Piercings:Nipple and Navel Piercings
- Below the Belt:Female and Male Genital Piercings
- Healing and Aftercare
- Healing 101:Standard Aftercare
- Alternative Aftercare
- Trouble and Troubleshooting
- Living with Your Piercings
- Upkeep and Stretching
- Advanced Jewelry Practices
- Special Situations
- Piercing in Modern Culture
- Piercees and the Establishment
- A Career in Professional Piercing
- The Future of Body Piercing
- Appendix A: A Piercee’s Bill of Rights
- Appendix B: My Piercings and Jewelry Chart
- Appendix C: Gauge Conversion Chart
- Minimum Healing Times Chart
I hope the chapter overview is enough for you to get an idea how jam-packed this book is with hands on information.
In short, what you will learn from this book:
- The BEST piercings and placements for various body parts and body types.
- Terminology, tools, and techniques of the trade.
- Vital sterility, sanitation, and hygiene information.
- Jewelry designs, shapes, and materials.
- Advice for people with stretch marks, plastic surgery, and unique anatomy.
- Healing, aftercare, and troubleshooting for a problem-free piercing.
Once again, if you’re tired of being a subpar piercer or you can’t understand why your piercer wants you out of their piercing room ASAP, than you need to buy the Piercing Bible!